PND regularly investigates experiments and tests a variety of innovative solutions to provide its clients with cost-effective solutions and to expand PND’s market. Its research has included:
- Ice mechanics and icebreaking and resisting structures
- Wave barriers, both floating and partially penetrating
- OPEN CELL SHEET PILE™ bulkheads, a unique mechanically stabilized earth system utilizing flat sheet piles
- SPIN FIN™ piles, a pipe pile with a unique tip that provides increased tension and compression capacity
- Permafrost research for improvement of roads and foundations
- Pile-driving sound attenuation in water
- Marine and sediment filtration
Please contact us for additional information on any of these topics.
Elizabeth Peratrovich First Tlingit Enshrined in Hall
On November 2, 2019, Elizabeth Peratrovich was inducted into the National Native American Hall of Fame at a ceremony at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Elizabeth, the mother of PND Engineers, Inc. co-founder Roy Peratrovich, Jr., was one of 12 inductees in the fledgling Hall of Fame's second class.