PND regularly investigates experiments and tests a variety of innovative solutions to provide our clients with cost-effective solutions and to expand PND’s market. Our research has included:
- Ice mechanics and ice breaking and resisting structures
- Wave barriers, both floating and partially penetrating
- OPEN CELL SHEET PILE™ bulkheads, a unique mechanically stabilized earth system utilizing flat sheet piles
- SPIN FIN™ piles, a pipe pile with a unique tip that provides an increased tension and compression capacity
- Permafrost research for improvement of roads and foundations
- Pile-driving sound attenuation in water
- Marine and sediment filtration
Please contact us for additional information on any of these topics.
PND Recognized Nationally for Two Alaska Bridge Designs
PND Engineers, Inc. received recognition from the National Steel Bridge Alliance (NSBA), a division of the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), for two separate bridge projects in the 2018 Prize Bridge Awards competition: a National Award for the Colville River Nigliq Bridge in Nuiqsut, Alaska, and a Merit Award for the Moose Run Golf Course Bridge in Anchorage, Alaska.
PND Earns Project of the Year Award
PND’s Juneau Cruise Ship Berths project was named Project of the Year at the Anchorage Engineers Week Banquet on February 24, 2018.