PND regularly investigates experiments and tests a variety of innovative solutions to provide its clients with cost-effective solutions and to expand PND’s market. Its research has included:
- Ice mechanics and icebreaking and resisting structures
- Wave barriers, both floating and partially penetrating
- OPEN CELL SHEET PILE™ bulkheads, a unique mechanically stabilized earth system utilizing flat sheet piles
- SPIN FIN™ piles, a pipe pile with a unique tip that provides increased tension and compression capacity
- Permafrost research for improvement of roads and foundations
- Pile-driving sound attenuation in water
- Marine and sediment filtration
Please contact us for additional information on any of these topics.
PND Wins AAHPA Golden Anchor Award
On our 40th anniversary, PND Engineers, Inc. wins the inaugural Golden Anchor Award at the 40th annual AAHPA Conference at Elizabeth Peratrovich Hall in Juneau, Alaska. The award was bestowed upon PND for the company's achievement and support to the AAHPA and its corporate members.
PND Featured in a Pair of Case Studies
PND Engineers, Inc. was recently featured in a pair of case studies that took a deeper dive into the company's value engineering solutions for projects in Sandys Parish, Bermuda, and Unalaska, Alaska – solutions that not only presented unique design alternatives but also produced millions in cost savings.