PND regularly investigates experiments and tests a variety of innovative solutions to provide our clients with cost-effective solutions and to expand PND’s market. Our research has included:
- Ice mechanics and ice breaking and resisting structures
- Wave barriers, both floating and partially penetrating
- OPEN CELL SHEET PILE™ bulkheads, a unique mechanically stabilized earth system utilizing flat sheet piles
- SPIN FIN™ piles, a pipe pile with a unique tip that provides an increased tension and compression capacity
- Permafrost research for improvement of roads and foundations
- Pile-driving sound attenuation in water
- Marine and sediment filtration
Please contact us for additional information on any of these topics.
FHWA Pelican Creek Pile Load Test Underway
PND is currently aiding The Federal Highway Administration's (FHWA) Western Federal Lands Division in performing a static pile load in Yellowstone National Park in support of a new bridge at Pelican Creek.
Alameda Point Bulkhead Featured at PDCA Conference
PND's Alameda Point Waste Isolation Bulkhead project was highlighted at the Pile Driving Contractors Association's (PDCA) 2017 conference.