PND regularly investigates experiments and tests a variety of innovative solutions to provide its clients with cost-effective solutions and to expand PND’s market. Its research has included:
- Ice mechanics and icebreaking and resisting structures
- Wave barriers, both floating and partially penetrating
- OPEN CELL SHEET PILE™ bulkheads, a unique mechanically stabilized earth system utilizing flat sheet piles
- SPIN FIN™ piles, a pipe pile with a unique tip that provides increased tension and compression capacity
- Permafrost research for improvement of roads and foundations
- Pile-driving sound attenuation in water
- Marine and sediment filtration
Please contact us for additional information on any of these topics.
PND ENGINEERS, INC. Celebrates 40 Years in Business
Consistently and currently ranked in Engineering News-Record’s annual list of the country’s top 500 design firms, PND Engineers, Inc. prides itself on producing innovative engineering solutions at low costs and oftentimes in the most challenging conditions. That ethos has driven our company’s purpose for 40 years. We were founded in 1979 in Anchorage by the first Alaska Native licensed engineer in the state (Roy Peratrovich, Jr.) and a future Nova Award winner (Dennis Nottingham) and were incorporated with the help of a former University of Notre Dame running back who won an NCAA national championship in 1953 (Paul Reynolds). A few years after Brent Drage became a principal stockholder in 1981, Alaska Construction & Oil gave an emergent PND initialisms “Permanent. No-Nonsense. Dependable.” and “Persistent. Nervy. Determined.” To all of our clients, we couldn’t have earned this longstanding reputation without you. You’ve helped make this company what it is today.