PND regularly investigates experiments and tests a variety of innovative solutions to provide our clients with cost-effective solutions and to expand PND’s market. Our research has included:
- Ice mechanics and ice breaking and resisting structures
- Wave barriers, both floating and partially penetrating
- OPEN CELL SHEET PILE™ bulkheads, a unique mechanically stabilized earth system utilizing flat sheet piles
- SPIN FIN™ piles, a pipe pile with a unique tip that provides an increased tension and compression capacity
- Permafrost research for improvement of roads and foundations
- Pile-driving sound attenuation in water
- Marine and sediment filtration
Please contact us for additional information on any of these topics.
Juneau Cruise Ship Berth Earns PDCA Award
PND is pleased to announce that our Downtown Juneau Floating Cruise Ship Berth project was recognized by the Pile Driving Contractors Association (PDCA) as a 2017 Project of the Year.
PND Engineer Addresses Fish Waste Management in New Textbook
A chapter by PND's Alex Jefferies, PE is included in a newly published textbook intended to help educators engage youth in discussions about the past, present, and future role of animals in science education.