PND regularly investigates experiments and tests a variety of innovative solutions to provide our clients with cost-effective solutions and to expand PND’s market. Our research has included:
- Ice mechanics and ice breaking and resisting structures
- Wave barriers, both floating and partially penetrating
- OPEN CELL SHEET PILE™ bulkheads, a unique mechanically stabilized earth system utilizing flat sheet piles
- SPIN FIN™ piles, a pipe pile with a unique tip that provides an increased tension and compression capacity
- Permafrost research for improvement of roads and foundations
- Pile-driving sound attenuation in water
- Marine and sediment filtration
Please contact us for additional information on any of these topics.
Statter Harbor Project Earns 2016 ASCE Award
Don D. Statter Harbor Launch Ramp Facility, designed by PND, wins 2016 Project of the Year award from ASCE.
Anchorage Settles Port Suit
“We are happy to settle this meritless suit against us for less than the cost of going to trial, and move on with the business of engineering,” said Jim Campbell, PND President.